Search This Blog

#NYNM: New Years Resolutions


New Year’s Resolutions are something I’m in two minds about. On the one hand, if you want to make a change in your life, you should just do it; why should January 1st be the only time of the year to start a transformation? If you want something bad enough, why haven’t you started already? At the same time though, I understand the need for a reboot. Everyone needs a fresh start every once in a while, and the excess, stress, & intimacy of the festive season can really highlight areas you have a desire to improve.

Make changes you can sustain. Don’t be one of those cliché idiots who join the gym and never go. If you aren’t realistically going to get a good cost per workout rate because you’re rarely going to make an appearance, use your money more wisely.

Make small changes with regular short term goals rather than broad sweeping statements that have little meaning. For example don’t make a resolution to ‘lose weight’, because it is vague. Split your resolution into smaller, incremental changes, such as fitting a specific exercise into your daily routine then adding to your repertoire of daily exercises weekly, or always planning your healthy meals before making your weekly shop, etc.

Make you resolutions with the right motivation. Don’t make changes just to please other people, or because you think it will make them like you more. You’ll end up failing and worse still, feeling bad for failing. Change should be for yourself, you need to have the desire to become the goal ‘new you’ in the first place.

Keep your resolutions positive. Don’t cut things out, instead replace negative things in your life with positive ones. Rather than saying ‘I want to waste less time lazing on the sofa in my spare time’, decide to start a hobby. You’re more likely to want to pursue something new rather than stop something old.

So here are my New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Get my dream job training as a buyer.

2. Listen to more music. I’m going to make Mondays #MusicMonday on here. I’ll be sharing whatever I’ve been listening to the previous week; good, bad, or embarrassing. This way I’ll actively search for new tracks to check out so I’m not just sharing the same artists all the time.

3. Make more effort to keep in contact with people by checking in with them more often. I am flippin’ rubbish at maintaining long distance friendships with people, so now I’m back home I want to make extra effort not to lose anyone out of laziness. Might need to start with getting a new iPhone ASAP!

4. Sell most of my wardrobe on eBay. I hate 60% of my clothes right now so someone else can be responsible for them.

5. Visit/eat at/go out to at least one new place a month.

6. Go on a date… maybe…  possibly… probably not. I’m still not sure if I’m commitment ready haha!

7. Have snowboarding lessons. I’ll probably as awful as I am a skier but at least I will have tried!

8. Start posting OOTDs (outfit of the day) on my blog.

9. Complete the 30 Day Squat & Crunch Challenges. Every time I try this I fall behind, or forget, or get my rest days mixed up, so this time I’m going to finish them properly… with much heavier weights.

10. Watch all the shows I’ve never got round to watching; Breaking Bad, Homeland, Pretty Little Liers, Broadchurch, just to name a few.

Don't forget #NYNM, New Year New Me, the best excuse for behaving exactly as you fancy since YOLO!

What are your New Year's Resolutions? Tell me in the comments.

Thanks for checking out my blog.
If you adore it, don't keep it to yourself!
Follow Alice Adores Apparel on Bloglovin'.
Bloglovin' allows you to keep track of every blog you read in one place, no matter what blogging website it is hosted on. This way you'll never miss a post.
Follow on Bloglovin
'Like' my Facebook Page to find out about new posts first.
Share my blog on Facebook.
Tweet at me & follow me on Twitter, @AliceAdores.
Follow me on Instagram, @AliceAdoresApparel.

Follow me on Tumblr, AliceAdoresApparel.

Or enter your email in the box in the right side bar to get notifications to your inbox.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. Start a conversation and leave me a comment. I always read and reply. Xxx

© Alice Adores Apparel

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig