Search This Blog

Baking The Bake Off! Week 1: Passion Fruit Swiss Roll

The Great British Bake Off is finally back! Last Wednesday saw the return of Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood with a fresh batch of 12 baking hopefuls. I absolutely love the show! I've watched every episode of every series of GBBO. Yep that's right I was watching before it was cool haha! I even had some people call me a loser when I told them about series one! Last week was a cracker of an episode. Mel & Sue's innuendo game was on point, alongside the contestants and judges. My personal highlights included:
Great British Bake Off / bbc.co.uk / Love Productions
I'm so excited to see what unfolds over the next few weeks. I definitely think this year's contestants will create some spectacular bakes. My favourites so far are Richard, the baking builder, Diana, Queen of the WI, and Martha, the competition's youngest ever contestant.

In honour of series five, I've started a Bake Off themed blog series. Each week I'll rustle up a Signature Bake, tackle the Technical Challenge, or get creative with my own Showstopper. Posts will be every Wednesday to coincide with the airing of the next episode.

Last week the bakers made some delicious looking swiss rolls for the Signature Bake. (Missed the episode? Catch up on iPlayer here.) Inspired by their gorgeous creations, I decided to bake a passion fruit and lemon curd swiss roll. I used a great recipe from The British Kitchen. Generally it was an ok bake. I had a few cracks and the whipped cream wasn't as stiff as it needed to be so there was a slight explosion of the filling, but it tasted delicious!
Not quite Star Baker but I'm still proud!
I hope you liked my post. It was nice to write something a little different for a change. Don't forget to check out the rest of my bakes in the next few weeks!
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts on The Great British Bake Off below! Who's your favourite baker?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. Start a conversation and leave me a comment. I always read and reply. Xxx

© Alice Adores Apparel

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig